Party Cherry Salad
A delicious salad covered with a blanket of cream cheese snow, then topped with
a gelatin layer – perfect for the holidays. Margaret Marie Roth always had this
on her Thanksgiving and Christmas tables.
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can Bing cherries
- 1/3 cup lemon
- Pineapple syrup
- Bing cherry syrup
- 2 small boxes cherry-flavored
- 3 tablespoons light cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts,
- Drain pineapple and cherries, reserving juice. Pit the cherries if they
are not already pitted.
- Add lemon juice and water to syrup to make 3 1/2 cups. Heat to boiling.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot liquid. Divide into 2 equal portions. Chill one
portion until partially set.
- Add pineapple pieces. Pour into an 8-inch square pan. Chill until firm.
- Add cream to softened cheese. Spread over gelatin. Chill until firm.
- Chill remaining gelatin until thick. Add nuts and cherries and put on top
of cream cheese layer. Chill.
From the kitchen of Margaret Marie Roth, Chandler, Arizona.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.