Taco Salad Supreme
A taco salad should be two things: Fast to make and droolingly delicious. This
salad is both! Technically, this would qualify as an entree. It is a complete meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce,
rinsed, dried and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salsa, as much as desired
- 1 cup sliced black
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 avocado, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef for 5 to
10 minutes, or until well browned. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook until
no longer soggy.
- Crumble tortilla chips onto each of four plates. Layer with the beef, onion,
lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, green onions and cheese.
- Serve topping on the side.
Yield: 4 servings
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.