Bay Scallops with Scallions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Lemon wedges
- In a large, heavy skillet heat butter and sauté scallops seasoned with pepper
very quickly until slightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Remove scallops with a slotted spoon and put on a warmed serving dish.
- Sauté the scallions in the same skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Do not brown.
- Add wine to de-glaze the pan over high heat and cook until wine is reduced
by half. Pour sauce over scallops; sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon
wedges to squeeze over scallops.
- Serve with additional hot butter if desired.