Cajun Corn Soup Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 5 vegetable bouillon cubes, crumbled
- Layer all ingredients in a large cone-shaped bag or jar.
- Attach the following gift tag to the container.
Cajun Corn and Shrimp Soup
1/2 cup butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon Cajun Corn Soup Mix
3 cups boiling water
3 cups fresh corn kernels
3/4 pound medium peeled and de-veined shrimp
1/2 cup heavy cream
In large saucepan, melt the butter and add the chopped onion. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the flour, and cook, whisking constantly. Stir the soup mix into the flour
and gradually add the boiling water, whisking until the mixture is thick.
Add the corn and shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink.
Whisk in the heavy cream. Continue to cook over low heat, until the soup is heated
Other recipes you may like...
Jambalaya Mix in a Jar
Cajun Seasoning Mix in a Jar
Cajun Dirty Rice Mix in a Jar