Cajun Dirty Rice Mix in a Jar
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large Knorr's stock cube with its wrapping
- Layer the ingredients in a 1-pint jar with a tight fitting lid one at a time
this order – half the rice, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, remaining half
of rice, wrapped stock cube.
- Fit the lid on the jar and screw it on tight. Cover the lid with the fabric square.
Place a rubber band over the fabric to secure it around the neck of the jar. Tie
a ribbon in a bow around the neck of the jar, hiding the rubber band.
- Attach the following instructions on a gift tag.
Cajun Dirty Rice
Bring 2 cups of water plus the stock cube to a boil in a large sauce pan. Stir
until the stock cube dissolves.
When the water boils, add remaining contents of the jar. Stir. Reduce heat to
low. Cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked,
but not mushy.