Jambalaya Mix in a Jar
- 3 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons
dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon minced
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Divide evenly among three airtight containers (there will be a little over 1
cup in each container).
- Store in a dry, cool place for up to 6 months.
- Attach the following instructions on a gift tag.
Yield: 3 gifts
2 cups water
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
Contents of Jambalaya Mix
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut
into 1/4-inch slices
1 pound medium, peeled, deveined shrimp
In a saucepan bring water and green bell pepper to a boil.
Stir in the Jambalaya Mix; return to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 19 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
In another saucepan heat tomato sauce and smoked sausage.
Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink.
Combine the contents of both pans.