Apricot-Filled Cookies Mix in a Jar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely minced dried apricots
- Layer the ingredients in a 1-quart jar.
- You may also want to give a small jar of apricot preserves with this gift jar
for the filling.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Empty contents of jar into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup margarine, 2 tablespoons
milk and 1 egg. Mix together until you have a soft dough. Roll dough out 1/8-inch
thick and cut into 48 (3-inch diameter) rounds. Place a teaspoon of apricot preserves
on the top of 24 rounds. Cover each with another round; crimp edges and make a slit
on top. Bake 10-12 minutes in a preheated 375 degrees F oven.
Makes 24 cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.