Christmas Biscotti in a Jar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped shelled green pistachios
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup Vanilla Sugar
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Jar Ingredients: Layer the ingredients in a 1-quart canning jar. Tap jar gently on
the counter to settle each layer before adding the next one.
- Add additional dried fruits or pistachios to fill small gaps, if necessary.
- Vanilla Sugar: Fill a quart jar with 4 cups granulated sugar. Cut a vanilla bean
in half lengthwise and insert both halves into sugar.
- Secure lid and store in a cool dry place for several weeks before using. Will
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Makes 1 jar.
Beat 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes) in a large mixing bowl with
an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in 2 eggs.
Stir in jar contents just till combined using a wooden spoon. Divide
dough in half. Cover and chill until easy to handle, if necessary.
Shape each portion of dough into a 9-inch loaf. Place loaves 4 inches
apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet, flattening slightly until
2 inches wide. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or till
a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool loaves
on the cookie sheet for 1 hour.
Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices using a serrated
knife. Place slices, cut sides down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 8 minutes. Turn slices over; bake 8 to
10 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Cool on wire rack.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.