Christmas Biscotti in a Jar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped shelled green pistachios
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup Vanilla Sugar
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Jar Ingredients: Layer the ingredients in a 1-quart canning jar. Tap jar gently on
the counter to settle each layer before adding the next one.
- Add additional dried fruits or pistachios to fill small gaps, if necessary.
- Vanilla Sugar: Fill a quart jar with 4 cups granulated sugar. Cut a vanilla bean
in half lengthwise and insert both halves into sugar.
- Secure lid and store in a cool dry place for several weeks before using. Will
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Makes 1 jar.
Beat 1/3 cup butter (no substitutes) in a large mixing bowl with
an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in 2 eggs.
Stir in jar contents just till combined using a wooden spoon. Divide
dough in half. Cover and chill until easy to handle, if necessary.
Shape each portion of dough into a 9-inch loaf. Place loaves 4 inches
apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet, flattening slightly until
2 inches wide. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or till
a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool loaves
on the cookie sheet for 1 hour.
Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices using a serrated
knife. Place slices, cut sides down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 8 minutes. Turn slices over; bake 8 to
10 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Cool on wire rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.