Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom
Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1 (2.75 ounce) package country gravy mix (regular or no-fat)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dried mushrooms (shiitake, chanterelle or oyster)
- Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth pint jar.
- In small bowl, stir together bouillon granules, onion,
celery and parsley. Pour into jar to make second layer.
- Add layers of wild rice, white rice and mushrooms.
Seal with lid.
- Attach a gift tag with the following recipe and
decorate jar as desired.
Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Empty contents of jar into a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 7 cups water; heat to
boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring
occasionally. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.