Tortilla Soup Mix in a Jar
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons lemon-flavored sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 cup converted long grain rice
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups slightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (5 ounce) can chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 wide-mouth quart jar and lid
- Seasonings: Mix ingredients and place in a zip-type sandwich bag.
- Soup Mix: Place ingredients in jar in this order: Add rice to the
jar first. Add the seasoning packet into jar. Fill jar with tortilla
chips. Add the lid to the jar.
- Cut a circle of fabric to cover the top part of the jar. Attach
the fabric with ribbon or twine.
- Include both extra cans and the soup mix in a little bag or basket.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar, bag or basket:
Remove tortilla chips and seasoning packet from the jar into a dish
and set aside.
In a 1-gallon soup pot, add the rice and 10 cups of water. Add the
can of diced tomatoes and green chiles, the can of chicken, and
the seasoning packet from the jar. Bring to a boil; lower the heat,
cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add tortilla chips, replace the cover and simmer 5 more minutes.
Yield: 3 quarts soup
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.