Independence Day Recipes
Chicken in a Basket
An easy way to feed a crowd. Great food to take on a picnic.
Yield: 6 servings
- 12 chicken pieces, washed and well dried
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons table cream
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs well and blend with cream.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dip the chicken pieces first in flour, then in the egg and cream mixture and finally coat the chicken in bread crumbs and cheese.
- Place chicken pieces in a large, greased baking dish or roasting pan in a single layer. Dot with butter and sprinkle generously with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Bake, turning once, until nicely browned and crisp, about 1 hour. Chicken should be well cooked but still moist and juicy. When you prick the flesh the juices should run clear, with no trace of pink.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate to eat cold.
Sesame Chicken: Dip chicken pieces into melted butter, then coat in a mixture of grated Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Place in a greased roasting pan. Dot with butter and roast in a 350 degree F oven until crisp and tender, about 1 hour.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/19/02 11:45:38 am.