This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Almond Flour and Rice Pie Crust
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind almonds to a fine powder in a blender.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, combine the ground almond flour, brown rice flour, cinnamon
or nutmeg and cloves. Mix well with a fork.
- In a microwave dish, combine the water, oil and honey and heat on low setting
until honey liquefies. Drizzle the honey liquid over the flour mixture in the pie
plate, and stir with a fork until well blended. Let stand until the dry ingredients
absorb the liquid.
- Shape the crust by pressing mixture firmly into place with your fingers, covering
bottom and sides of plate evenly. Pat top edge of crust into straight edge. Bake
before or after adding filling. Bake empty crust for 5 minutes.
Makes one crust.
Gluten-free dough will not toughen when handled.