Almond Flour and Rice Pie Crust
Yield: one crust
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind almonds to a fine powder in a blender.
- In a 9 inch pie plate, combine the ground almond flour, brown rice flour, cinnamon or nutmeg and cloves. Mix well with a fork.
- In a microwave dish, combine the water, oil and honey and heat on low setting until honey liquefies. Drizzle the honey liquid over the flour mixture in the pie plate, and stir with a fork until well blended. Let stand until the dry ingredients absorb the liquid.
- Shape the crust by pressing mixture firmly into place with your fingers, covering bottom and sides of plate evenly. Pat top edge of crust into straight edge. Bake before or after adding filling. Bake empty crust for 5 minutes.
Gluten-free dough will not toughen when handled.