Gluten Free Fruit 'n' Nut Bars
- 1 cup dried apples
- 1/2 cup dried chopped apricots
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried kasha
- 1 cup Craisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 cup sultana raisins
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 egg replacer
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put dried apples, apricots and Craisins in a pot with kasha, water, apple cider,
cinnamon and vanilla extract. Bring contents of pot to boil and stir until mixture
is creamy. Add the apple butter and stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Blend in raisins, flour, almonds, coconut, egg replacer, baking powder, applesauce,
brown sugar and maple syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Place mixture in two well greased 9 x 13-inch pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut immediately, placing bars on cooling rack.
These bars can be made in bulk and frozen for future use.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free Recipes