Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice from one lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- fresh lime wedges for garnish
- Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high.
- In the bowl of a food processor (small if available), combine preserves,
garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin
process until smooth. Add chives.
- Place wings on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn, and grill for another 5-6 minutes.
- With a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce on the wings. Cook for about
1 minute, and turn.
- Repeat on other side of wings. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Wings should register 170 degrees F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve the wings garnished with lime wedges.
Nutrition Information per serving: 670 calories; 34 g fat; 10 g saturated
fat; 42 g carbohydrate; 27 g sugars; 49 g protein
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Chicken Council