Back Ribs with Spicy Fireworks Rub
- 6 to 8 slabs pork back ribs (about 12 pounds total)
Spicy Fireworks Rub
- 1/2 cup ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 4 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Ribs: Pat ribs dry with paper towels. Rub Spicy Fireworks Rub generously over all surfaces of ribs; cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours or cook immediately.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire, banking coals in 2 to 3 kettle-style grills. Place ribs, not overlapping, over indirect heat on each grill (rib racks may be helpful in expanding grilling space in each grill). Cover grills and roast ribs not directly over coals for 1 1/2 hours, until ribs are very tender.
- Remove ribs from grill, wrap securely in heavy aluminum foil. Place foil-wrapped ribs in brown paper bag, close bag and let ribs rest for up to 1 hour.
- Spicy Fireworks Rub: Put all ingredients into a large jar with a tight-fitting lid. Place lid on jar and shake well until blended thoroughly.
Makes 2 cups Spicy Fireworks Rub — enough to coat 4 slabs of pork back ribs.