Grilling, Smoking and Barbecuing Recipes
Beer Chaser Brat Hot Tub
Don’t let a dry sausage ruin your reputation as a grillmaster. Bathe your brats in your brew of choice and always have perfect brats ready to go!
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 20 min | Yield: 10 servings
- 1 heavy duty foil baking pan (14 x 10 x 3 inches)
Brat Hot Tub
- 2 (19 ounce) packages Johnsonville Firecracker Spicy Sausage or Johnsonville Original Brats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 each red, orange and yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 2 or 3 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 10 brat buns
- Place foil baking pan over medium heat on a gas or charcoal grill, add butter. Grill until butter is melted.
- Add onions and peppers; cover with foil and grill 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender. Add beer; hold, uncovered, on grill.
- Prepare brats according to package directions.
- When brats are cooked, place into brat tub.
- Serve brats with peppers and onions on a bun.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Made by The Sausage Chefs