Ham, Pineapple and Cheddar Quiche
Looking for a classic French breakfast using Bisquick® mix? Then check out this
cheesy ham and pineapple quiche that’s baked to perfection.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham (4 ounces)
- 3 medium green onions, sliced (3 tablespoons)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, well drained
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, cut butter into Bisquick mix, using pastry blender (or pulling
2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly. Add
boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms. Press dough on bottom
and up side of pie plate, using fingers dipped in Bisquick mix, forming edge
on rim of pie plate.
- Sprinkle cheese, ham, onions and pineapple in crust.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and pepper until blended. Pour
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker