Pasta and Pasta Sauce Recipes
Cheesy Turkey Chili Mac
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 10 min | Yield: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt- added tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 1 2/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces (about 1 3/4 cups) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup 2 percent or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Place oil in removable pan of programmable Instant Pot®. Place pan in pressure cooker. Using saute function, heat oil until hot. Add turkey and onion. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up. Press cancel.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, chili powder, garlic salt and pepper. Stir in macaroni. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select high pressure setting and cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally 2 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
- Stir macaroni mixture.
- Whisk together milk and flour. Stir into macaroni mixture. Using saute function, cook and stir, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes, or until boiling. Press cancel.
- Stir cheese into macaroni mixture until melted. Ladle into serving bowls. Spoon dollops of yogurt or sour cream on top.
Source: United Dairy Industry of Michigan