Low Carb Recipes
Yield: 4 servings.
- 1 pound round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can Mexican-style chunky tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Cut beef into 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Cook beef and onion in oil, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Top with sour cream.
Per serving: 341 Cal (47% from Fat, 48% from Protein, 5% from Carb); 40g Protein; 17g Tot Fat; 4g Carb; 1g Fiber; 39mg Calcium; 4mg Iron; 69mg Sodium; 111mg Cholesterol