Low Carb Recipes
Oven Fried Chicken with Gravy
Yield: 4 servings
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, dry mustard, celery salt, and paprika in a brown paper bag. Wash and dry the chicken pieces. Shake the chicken pieces one at a time in the flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Arrange the chicken pieces in the dish and turn them once to coat both sides in the butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for 75 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the chicken to a preheated serving platter.
- Place the roasting pan over a low heat and add 1 teaspoon xanthan gum to the chicken drippings and butter. Scrape the sediment from the bottom and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in two cups of hot water and keep stirring until the gravy thickens.
Per serving: 883 Cal (74% from Fat, 25% from Protein, 2% from Carb); 54g Protein; 72g Tot Fat; 4g Carb; 2g Fiber; 79mg Calcium; 5mg Iron; 1017mg Sodium; 309mg Cholesterol