Low Carb Recipes
Salmon Fillets with Mustard Cream Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, chilled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 24 ounces salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, in pieces
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Ground pepper
- Whisk 2 tablespoons cream in small bowl to soft peaks; cover and refrigerate.
- Combine wine, vermouth, and shallots in a heavy large skillet. Boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add fish fillets. Cover and simmer until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plates using a slotted spatula. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Place skillet with poaching liquid over high heat. Boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add butter, whisking until melted.
- Add mustard and chives and whisk to blend. Remove sauce from heat.
- Fold in chilled whipped cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over fish.
Per serving: 267 Cal (88% from Fat, 3% from Protein, 9% from Carb); 2g Protein; 22g Tot Fat; 5g Carb; 0g Fiber; 48mg Calcium; 1mg Iron; 106mg Sodium; 69mg Cholesterol