Sirloin Tip Roast with Bacon
- 3 pounds tied sirloin tip roast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Bone and tie the beef roast. Cut slits into the roast and insert the slivered
garlic, placing the pieces evenly around the roast.
- Rub the roast with 1 tablespoon
of the mustard, and sprinkle it with the thyme.
- Place the roast on a roasting rack. Top the roast with the bacon, with the ends
covering the sides. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat
and roast at 325 degrees F until the thermometer registers 145 degrees F for rare,
or 160 degrees F for medium to well-done.
- Transfer the meat to a serving board or platter. Remove the bacon and string,
then replace the bacon.
- Pour the pan drippings into a small skillet and whisk in
the remaining mustard. Heat to boiling. Continue boiling until the drippings are
shiny and thickened.
- Spoon the sauce over the roast and slice it.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 62 Cal (71% from Fat, 21% from Protein, 8% from Carb); 3 g Protein;
5 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 13 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 239 mg Sodium; 8 mg