Low Carb Recipes
Spinach and Egg Scramble
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound spinach, blanched, drained and chopped
- Tabasco sauce
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, and sauté over medium heat until soft.
- Add the beef, using a fork to break it up into small bits. Cook until the redness is gone.
- Add the spinach, and mix well. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Mix the Tabasco with the eggs. Pour over the beef mixture, and cook, stirring until the eggs are set.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a warm platter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Per serving: 362 Cal (60% from Fat, 33% from Protein, 7% from Carb); 30g Protein; 24g Tot Fat; 6g Carb; 3g Fiber; 197mg Calcium; 4mg Iron; 240mg Sodium; 233mg Cholesterol