Butter Pecan Sandies
These pecan sandies are so delicate, they almost melt in your mouth! My addition of Heath English Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits makes them EXTRA special.
- 1 cup margarine or butter (or 1/2 cup each), softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup roasted and salted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 bag Heath English Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the margarine and/or butter, vegetable oil, powdered sugar, granulated and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add the stirred flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mix on low speed.
- Stir in the pecans and Heath Bits by hand.
- Using a small capacity ice cream-type scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake, one pan at a time, for 12 minutes, or until the edges and tops are beginning to brown very lightly.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Yield: 5 to 6 dozen
Recipe by LuAnn Bermeo, author of Amazing Meals I and II, a two-volume collection of family-approved, plant-based recipes; loosely adapted from allrecipes.com.