LuAnn's Family Favorites Recipes
Date Nut Balls
Date Nut Balls candy contains no processed sugar, yet is sweet and delicious!
- 1 cup blanched almonds (i.e., natural almonds with skins removed)
- 3/4 cup EACH dried apricots, chopped dates, walnuts
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a blender or food processor, chop almonds, dried apricots, chopped dates and walnuts until they become a coarse meal.
- Add orange juice and pulse on and off until mixture sticks together.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. If desired, roll in finely shredded coconut or additional finely chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate in airtight container until serving.
Posted by LuAnn at recipegoldmine.com on 2/15/2002, 10:30 am.
Source: Adapted from Dr. Hans Diehl's CHIP (Coronary Health Improvement Project) - Speaker: Evelyn Cole-Kissinger R.D.