LuAnn's Peach and Pudding Crisp
One of my very favorite fruit crisps! I served this to GourmetGal and her husband the first time they visited us and later posted the recipe on Cook n Chat, in honor of GG's birthday. Here it is in case some may have missed it then.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 quart sliced fresh peaches + 1 or 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, if available
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fruit juice (I used orange juice)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar, if your taste requires it
- 2 small packages instant butterscotch pudding mix (dry, not prepared), divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or 1/2 each white and whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 cup dry quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow 2 -quart casserole, stir together the fruit, juice, sugar if using, and 2 tablespoons of the pudding mix (reserve the remaining pudding mix for the crisp topping); set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all topping ingredients (including the reserved pudding mix) until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the fruit. Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until bubbly hot and crisp topping is lightly browned.
- Serve warm with ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.
Source: Very loosely based by LuAnn Bermeo from Favorite Recipes from Quilters by Stoltzfus, 1992.