Quick Zucchini Sauté
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 medium sweet or red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large zucchini, unpeeled, then thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn OR 1 (12-ounce) can, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, melt margarine over medium heat, then add the onion, zucchini, corn and garlic; sauté until the onions and zucchini are tender (don’t overcook).
- Stir in the drained pimientos and dill weed, then continue cooking for another minute or two – just until the mixture is nice and hot, but the colors are still bright.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Adapted from Texas Light and Power, late 1970's by LuAnn B., a.k.a. "Tofu Queen."
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.