LuAnn's Spicy Black Bean Soup
Rather than purchasing ready-made Spicy Black Soup,
I make my own. Doing so takes less time than driving to the store and back. Honest!
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water (use the tomato sauce can for a measuring cup)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch dried oregano
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender container; cover and blend for 1 to 2 minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Use in other recipes or pour into a saucepan and stir over medium heat until hot before serving.
Recipe by LuAnn Bermeo, author of Amazing Meals I and II, a two-volume collection of family-approved, plant-based recipes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.