LuAnn's Spicy Potato Wedges
Seasonings can be adjusted to your own taste preferences. For instance, simply use salt and pepper, or try a mixture of minced fresh or dried thyme, rosemary and oregano for herb-seasoned wedges.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 6 unpeeled medium russet potatoes or sweet potatoes, well-scrubbed, then patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Set out a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and salt.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges, placing them into a large mixing bowl or large ziplock-style bag as you work.
- Drizzle the oil over the potatoes, then stir (or close and shake the bag) to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the oiled potatoes, then stir again (or close and shake the bag) to coat evenly.
- Spread the seasoned potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven briefly, use a spatula to turn the potatoes, then continue baking for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned and crispy-tender.
- If necessary, turn once more, then bake another few minutes, watching carefully to prevent over browning.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 12 (1/2 potato) servings
Recipe by LuAnn Bermeo, author of Amazing Meals I and II, a two-volume collection of family-approved, plant-based recipes; adapted from Amazing Meals, volume I.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.