Apple Glazed Beef Brisket
- 1 (5 pound) beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into halves
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- Salt, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Place brisket, onion, garlic and cloves in a large heavy saucepan. Add water
and cover. Simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until beef is tender. Drain.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine apple jelly, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper and curry powder
in small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Place drained beef in baking dish. Brush with glaze.
- Bake for 45 minutes, basting often.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 2/16/2002 11:34 am.