Beef Brisket with Savory Sautéed Apples
Beef Brisket is served with a delightfully crunchy apple-cranberry-walnut sauce.
- 1 boneless beef brisket, flat cut (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups sliced unpeeled apples, such as Fuji or Gala (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place brisket in stockpot;
brown evenly. Remove brisket; season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/2 cup onion for apples. Add remaining onion and garlic to stockpot.
Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Return brisket, fat side up, to stockpot. Add apple cider; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket
- Meanwhile, heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until
melted. Add apples and remaining onion; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until
apples are just tender.
- Add cranberries and brown sugar; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until cranberries
are tender and juices are thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in walnuts. Keep warm.
- Remove brisket; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid
to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring
- Carve brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with reduced cooking liquid and apple mixture.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Texas Beef Council - beeflovingtexans
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Brisket Recipes