- 1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless beef brisket
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarsely ground
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Press pepper evenly into surface of brisket. Place brisket in plastic bag
or a 13 x 9-inch utility dish.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, garlic and paprika; pour over brisket,
turning to coat. Tie bag securely or cover dish and marinate in refrigerator
6 to 8 hours or overnight, if desired.
- Remove brisket from marinade; reserve marinade. Place brisket in center
of oblong piece of heavy duty aluminum foil (large enough to allow for folding
at top and sides), turning up edges.
- Place in shallow roasting pan. Pour reserved marinade over brisket. Bring
two sides of foil together above brisket; fold down several times, allowing
for heat circulation and expansion.
- Fold short ends up and over and crimp to seal. Bake at 325 degrees F for
2 1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is tender.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.