Chuck Wagon Brisket
- 1 (6 pound) beef brisket
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packets meatloaf seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 2 cups apple cider (recommended: Treetop)
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup soaked hickory or oak wood chips
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Set up grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (no direct heat source
- Rinse brisket with cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and
place in foil baking pan. Sprinkle with meatloaf seasoning and pour over beer.
Add enough apple cider to cover brisket halfway. Top with sliced onions and
cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place pan on hot grill over a drip pan. Cover grill and cook 2 1/2 hours.
If using charcoal, add 10 briquettes to each pile of coals every hour.
- Remove brisket from braising liquid and place directly on grill over the
- Combine 2 cups of braising liquid with BBQ sauce. Mop brisket thoroughly
with sauce. Add 1/2 cup of wood chips to each pile of coals. Cover grill. Turn
and mop brisket every 20 minutes for 1 hour.
- Transfer brisket to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Thinly slice against grain and serve with mop sauce on the side.
- Indoors: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Follow directions for preparing brisket.
Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove brisket from braising liquid and place on foil lined baking sheet.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Mop brisket with BBQ sauce return to oven. Turn and mop brisket with sauce
2 more times every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Brisket Recipes