Fall-Apart Beer Brisket
A hearty, comfort food meal with rich flavor.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (2 pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark stout beer
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 6 multigrain bread slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large, nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat. Brown beef for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place beef in slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Cook onions for 4 minutes or
until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and cook 15 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in garlic, beer, vinegar, oregano, thyme,
steak sauce, and tomato paste. Stir until well blended and pour over beef in
slow cooker, making sure that beef is covered completely with liquid.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 hours.
- Remove beef and place on cutting board. Stir salt into slow cooker mixture.
Thinly slice beef (it will shred automatically as you slice). Return beef to
slow cooker and stir. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes to absorb flavors.
- To serve, place strainer in large bowl, strain beef mixture, shaking off
excess liquid and place in serving bowl. Serve juices alongside.
- Place equal amounts of shredded beef on warmed multigrain bread slices (2
ounces per serving) to serve as open-faced sandwiches. Spoon desired amount
of liquid over each.
6 servings; Serving size: 1/2 cup beef, 1/3 cup sauce
If a "sliced" brisket is preferred over the shredded variety, cook for about 30 minutes
less than recommended above.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.