Mustard Glazed Brisket
Starts on the stove top, finishes in the oven for tender Mustard Glazed Brisket
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless beef brisket
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 8 black peppercorns
- 4 whole allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place brisket, garlic, onion, celery, peppercorns, allspice and bay leaf
in a large soup pot. Cover with water. Simmer covered 3 to 3 1/2 hours until
tender, adding water as necessary.
- Remove brisket and place in a roasting pan with 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Combine brown sugar and prepared mustard. Salt and pepper brisket and spread
with the mustard glaze.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until glaze bubbles and is browned.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 4/1/02 10:59:50 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Brisket Recipes