Pomegranate-Rosemary Brisket with Wine au Jus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (2 1/4 pound) brisket, trimmed of fat
- 1 (8-ounc) package baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 1 pomegranate, quartered
- 1 cup red wine
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F. Drizzle the oil over the bottom of a large
- Using a mortar and pestle, spice grinder or small food processor, grind
together the salt, peppercorns, rosemary and garlic until they form a coarse
- Rub the rosemary-garlic blend over the brisket, then place the meat in the
Dutch oven. Scatter the mushrooms, onion and pomegranate around the meat, then
pour the wine down the side.
- Cover the pot and roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat is fork
- Transfer the brisket from the pot to a serving platter. Use a slotted spoon
to transfer the mushrooms to the platter. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Pour the liquid in the pot through a mesh strainer into a bowl. Discard
the solids. Return the strained liquid to the pot and set over medium-high.
Simmer until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the jus alongside the meat and mushrooms.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving (values are rounded to the nearest whole
number): 533 calories; 203 calories from fat (38 percent of total calories); 23
g fat (7 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 158 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrate; 55
g protein; 1 g fiber; 1,650 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Brisket Recipes