Rocky Mountain Brisket with Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brisket: Combine salt, pepper, chili powder and bay leaves. Rub meat completely
with Liquid Smoke. Place meat, fat side up, in large roasting pan. Sprinkle
dry seasoning mixture on top. Cover tightly.
- Bake for 5 hours at 325 degrees F.
- Scrape seasoning off meat and cut in very thin slices across the grain.
- Serve with barbecue sauce.
- Barbecue Sauce: Combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with sliced brisket.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Colorado Cache Cookbook