Savory Onion Brisket
- 1 (4 1/2 pound) beef brisket, untrimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- Brown brisket in hot oil over high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Place brisket into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together vinegar and next 6 ingredients. Pour over brisket. Add the
water to pan.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees F for 2 hours, basting every hour.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and bake 1 more hour.
- Skim fat from drippings. discarding fat; serve drippings with brisket.
Yield: 8 servings