Slow and Easy Brisket of Beef
- 1 whole beef brisket
- Liquid smoke
- Meat tenderizer
- Celery seeds
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Brush entire brisket with liquid smoke. Sprinkle with meat tenderizer and
celery seeds. Wrap in heavy-duty foil, sealing well to keep juices in.
- Place on baking sheet with edges and bake at 250 degrees F for 7 hours.
- Remove from oven. Drain any drippings from pan and carefully drain drippings
from inside foil wrapping to measure 3/4 cup.
- Remove foil from brisket; cool and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, thinly slice the meat and place in a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Combine reserved drippings, barbecue sauce, ketchup and brown sugar, blending
well. Pour over brisket.
- Cover and heat at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
Yield: 14 to 16 servings