Smoked Brisket is delicious as an entree or in sandwiches.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons Accent
- 1 (4 to 4 1/2
pound) beef brisket
- Mix together sugar, pepper, garlic powder, salt, paprika and Accent. Rub
dry sauce generously over brisket.
- Smoke in a hooded charcoal smoker (top shelf with no water pan) for 2 1/2
- Rub with sauce again. Wrap brisket in foil and bake in 250 degree F oven
for 2 1/2 hours.
- Brisket may be smoked one day, refrigerated overnight and oven-cooked the
- Slice thinly against the grain.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings