A delicious brisket, slowly baked in the oven.
- 1 (5-6 pound) beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces liquid smoke
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Brisket: Sprinkle brisket generously with celery salt, onion salt and
garlic. Pour liquid smoke over brisket, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of liquid. Sprinkle meat with salt,
pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours at 275
- Sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a
boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Remove brisket from oven and top with sauce. Bake for 1 hour more.
Remove from sauce and let cool for 2 hours before slicing.
- Slip back into a warm oven after slicing, if desired, and serve topped
with warm sauce.
Prep time: 12 hr | Cook time: 5 hr
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Brisket Recipes