Sweet Baked Beef Brisket
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 2 - 3 tablespoons dried herb blend
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place beef brisket in a 13 x 10-inch shallow roasting pan. Thoroughly and
evenly coat brisket with herb blend. Top with onion.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 1 hour, or until onions turn brown.
- Mix apple juice, honey and spices, pour over brisket, cover tightly with
foil, return to oven and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F or until brisket is
- Remove brisket to a warm platter. Skim fat from juices.
- To make gravy, combine water and cornstarch. Add to juices in pan. Pour
cooking juices into a saucepan, add apple and raisins, bring to a boil, then
lower to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until apples are tender, about 5-8
- Slice brisket against the grain, spoon sauce over meat and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Brisket Recipes