Texas BBQ Beef Brisket
Barbecue sauce and wine combine to make Texas BBQ Beef Brisket one of the most
tender you will ever eat.
- 1 beef Brisket Flat Half (about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket. Place
brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
- Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to
a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until brisket
is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to
medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring
- Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with sauce.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Total time 3 to 3 1/2 hours
Nutrition information per serving, 1/6 of recipe: 258 calories; 7 g fat (3
g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 62 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium; 8 g
carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 36 g protein; 5.6 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg
vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 37 mcg selenium; 8.7 mg zinc
Recipe and photo credit: Texas Beef Council -