Texas Cola Shredded Beef Brisket
- 3 1/2 pounds brisket flat
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 cups cola
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Combine garlic, onion, ancho and salt to make a dry rub. Coat the brisket flat well on both sides with the seasoning, rubbing it in well.
- Add olive oil to a heavy bottom enameled cast iron pot or dutch oven and heat over medium high flame.
- Once warmed, place the brisket flat into the pot to brown thoroughly, leaving at least 10-15 minutes before flipping. Turn the flat and brown the other side. A further 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, cola and Worcestershire to the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer. Place the lid on the pot and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove lid to allow sauce to start to reduce, and cook brisket a further 2 hours or until completely tender.
- Remove brisket from the pot, shred with a fork and return to the pot. Stir brisket into the pot sauce then serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 356 Calories; 99.4 Calories from fat; 11.1 g Total Fat (3.3 g Saturated Fat; 5.6 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 129 mg Cholesterol; 855.1 mg Sodium; 19.4 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.7 g Dietary Fiber; 43.8 g Protein; 4.7 mg Iron; 905.9 mg Potassium; 0.5 mg Riboflavin; 9.9 mg Niacin; 1.1 mg Vitamin B6; 3.7 mcg Vitamin B12; 11 mg Zinc; 30.3 mcg Selenium; 180.3 mg Choline
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Iron,, Selenium, Zinc, Choline; and a good source of Potassium.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.