Ground Beef Recipes
Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
For those quick meal nights, instead of using the "box" now you can replace the "box" and make a healthier version of Hamburger Helper.
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the macaroni until tender, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the bacon over medium high heat until it begins to look crisp; add the ground beef and cook until the ground beef is done; drain the grease.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is tender. Add the Ro*Tel, tomato sauce and spices. Stir to combine well.
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- Stir in the shredded cheese until it melts and is also well combined.
- Serve with a vegetable salad and bread.