Healthy Mushroom Ground Beef Stroganoff
This recipe is a much healthier version an old fashioned favorite. This stroganoff
is bulked up and stretched out with lots of vegetables including mushrooms, bell
peppers, and eggplant.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 24 ounces mushrooms (baby portabella),
- finely minced in food processor
- 2 bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 small eggplant (3/4 pound), finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound organic lean ground beef
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound dried gluten-free pasta, cooked
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 1/2 cup low-fat organic sour cream
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in large skillet and add onion, mushrooms, peppers, eggplant and
garlic. Sauté until all vegetables are soft, and no liquid remains, about 15
- Add ground beef and sauté until browned, breaking up pieces. Add Creole
seasoning and thyme, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with fresh ground pepper to taste. Add broth and cook until heated
through. Stir in sour cream, then add cooked noodles; garnish with parsley before
Yield: 6 servings
* Add a few tablespoons of tomato paste for extra depth of flavor.
Recipe courtesy of Jeanettes Healthy Living and Recipe Redux.
Recipe and photo credit: MushroomInfo.com.