- 2 cups uncooked instant (10-minute) brown rice
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 each red and yellow bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 2 cups bottled marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice, cover and
simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand until ready to serve, at least
- Meanwhile heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground
beef and cook, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add peppers and saute over high heat 3 minutes or until
lightly charred in a few places. Add sauce and fennel seeds, bring to a simmer,
cover and cook 3 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Stir in beef; heat through. Spoon rice on serving plates, top with beef
mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Varanese.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ground Beef Recipes