- 2 cups uncooked instant (10-minute) brown rice
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 each red and yellow bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 2 cups bottled marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice, cover and
simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand until ready to serve, at least
- Meanwhile heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground
beef and cook, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add peppers and saute over high heat 3 minutes or until
lightly charred in a few places. Add sauce and fennel seeds, bring to a simmer,
cover and cook 3 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Stir in beef; heat through. Spoon rice on serving plates, top with beef
mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Varanese.