Basil Beef Roast
- 1 (3 pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried whole basil, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot water
- Brown roast on both sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle roast with basil, garlic powder, and pepper; top with onion.
- Add hot water. Bring
to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove from pan drippings to serve.
Source: The Progressive Farmer - January 1992