Steak San Marco
- 1 (2 pound) chuck steak, cut into serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Arrange meat in a large skillet, cover with onion soup mix and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with oregano, garlic salt, pepper, oil and vinegar.
- Simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings