Bourbon Laced Tipsy Chicken with Peaches
4 chicken leg quarters
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 cups green onions, chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 cup chopped fresh peaches
1 dash nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken quarters with salt and pepper. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking
pan and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent,
about 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika and all but 1 tablespoon of the green onions and continue
to cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 4 minutes.
- Spread the onion mixture evenly over the chicken, spoon the orange juice
and bourbon over the top, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning
and basting occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, spoon the peaches over the top, sprinkle
with nutmeg, and return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until
the chicken is tender and shows no trace of pink near the bone.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, place on a serving dish, and pour the pan
juices over the chicken.
- Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
>> Baked Chicken Recipes